is a nonprofit organization established by the family of Bill and Joan Jones in association with Bloomsburg University, Department of Exceptionality Programs.
The mission is to assist individuals with exceptionalities and their families. The Jones Center will seek to accomplish this through professional development programs, educational institutes, family supports, and scholarships. At the Jones Center we believe that the best way to plan for and support change is through a transdisciplinary team approach of communication, cooperation, and collaboration.
JCSEE is dedicated to charitable, educational, and collaborative purposes by:
- Sponsoring programs that enhance the quality of direct services for individuals with disabilities in early intervention programs, K-12 special education programs, and adult services
- Providing resources to sponsor educational institutes for N-12 teachers and related service professionals
- Sponsoring opportunities for interdisciplinary educational forums
- Sponsoring an informational resource center for families with individuals that have exceptionalities
- Establishing a scholarship fund to support Bloomsburg University special education majors.
is to ensure that all individuals with exceptionalities receive appropriate education and support services that are derived from their unique abilities and talents.
And that they are provided by professionals willing and equipped to use educational methods that produce meaningful, measurable, and successful outcomes.